Friday, March 9, 2012

Are you Serious Bro?

Usually I like to keep on topic here and only talk about triathlons, running or the likes, but every now and again you hear about something that makes you mad and you can't help but blog about it.  So here is the news story clip for you to watch:



So in case you missed the entire video, here ia a recap. Chick won a cool mill in the Michigan Lottery and is still buying groceries with food stamps!  What the what??? And the amazing part is she thinks since they did not cut her off, then it is ok!  I mean afterall she has two houses to pay for, why should we expect her to pay for her food as well???

Direct quote:
"I thought that they would cut me off, but since they didn't I thought maybe it was OK because I'm not working," Clayton, a mother of two, told WDIV. "I feel that it's OK because I have no income, and I have bills to pay. I have two houses."

What is wrong with people today? Do we feel that entitled? Are we that selfish?  I guess the answer is yes!  We are!

And it is ashame that people who really need the help might not get it because she has no income and bills to pay and needs help with groceries.  SMH...shaking my head.


Also note that since this video news report came out, Michigan authorities have since cut her food stamp benfits. Thank you Michigan!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...