I have really been doing alot of thinking about what I want to accomplish in 2012. I really had thought that 2012 would be my year for my first full IM, but after my
- January and February- The Memphis Runner's Cross Country Series- This is a series of races that consists of the following distances. A 3k, 5k, 8k, and a 10k. They are all trail runs and this series is
just waiting to tear up my anklesa lot of fun. I always have problems working in all the races, so that is a goal in itself! Toughen up Ford!It will be a good introduction into the race season
- March- I have two races scheduled. The first is the Fight for Life 5K. I am doing this race because I am the "Wellness Captain" at work and I am using this race to get as many of my co workers to
get off their butts and get to runningparticipate in this worthy cause about childhood obesity.! (I will have a separate post about this soon). In mid March, I am doing the Germantown Half Marathon. This will be the second time I have done this race, so I am looking forward to see if I can beat my PR! The last time I ran this, we had the worst weather conditions, raining and very cold, that it made it miserable, but made it a great story to tell.
- April- One race I am very excited about is the WARRIOR DASH!!! My wife and I, along with several friends from work and church are going to run this race, it is going to be
painfulepic. 3+ miles of running and obstacles, how can that not be fun? My wife may not talk to me for a few days after this!We do get a cool Viking hat when we finish, so that will be awesome! Yes, I will post pictures of the hat!
- May- The Memphis in May Olympic Triathlon. This is one of my must do races in Memphis. Last year I would have gotten a new PR, but the course was long by about a half mile. It rained the entire bike and run, so my shoes and socks were left out in the middle of the rain and they were drenched by the time I got to T2.
Cue excuse #1My feet got so blistered! Ouch! Ahhh, sweet memories! I am really hoping that my marathon training will carry over and help me with my running this year! The bike and run course are flat, so it is time for me to speed it up a bit. The swim is also the flattest swim course ever!
- June and July- There are normally two races I do in these months but I am really leaning towards them being "just maybe" races. I am not excited about doing them as much in the past. I have found that I do like the longer distance races better, so I might not even have any triathlons these two months. I did say this schedule was tentative, because I know once people start talking about them, I will want to race.
I am such a sucker!
- August- This is one of my favorite races, The Sharpshooter. It is a super Sprint Triathlon. 400 yd swim, 11 mile bike and 2 mile run. I have been trying
and failingto finish this race under an hour for two years, and this is going to be my year. Red line time baby!
- September- Ironman Augusta 70.3!!
Screw those Branson hills!I am excited about this. I hear about the fast swim times and everything and I get excited. Even though I love the swim segments, I can't wait to post a 20 minute 1.2 mile swim! I think this course will give me a better evaluation of where I am at, unlike a Branson bike course from hell!
- October, November and December- I will slip into marathon mode again. The St Jude Marathon. I think this year I am going to be a St Jude Hero and try to raise money for the hospital,
so I will be hitting up anyone that reads this blog for a donation.I know I have to beat my 6 hour PR in 2012, and that is part of the reason I want to do this race again!