Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am just venting!

Something is wrong with the bike. I am not talking about the bike leg, or my riding, I mean that something is physically wrong with the bike and the braking system. It's fine on the trainer, because let's face it, there is no need for bakes on the trainer, but once you get it on the road, the brakes are hanging or something.

Also I seem to be having a foot situation going on now. The outside of my right foot screams at me every time I run on it and with less five weeks out until Ironman Branson 70.3, I am almost afraid to get it checked out for fear of bad news.

I have not been having that great of workouts lately either. I don't know why. It is almost like a burnout type of feeling. This is will be the 10th out of 11 scheduled races for me coming up, but it is also the one I have been looking at all season. Physically, I am confident I can do the distances. The only question I had would be how fast can I do the distances? I am not sure if the crappy workouts are a result of just being tired or if it is a mental thing, but whatever it is, I want to get it figured out fairly soon.

So here is my plan: continue riding on the trainer at Jake's football practice until I can get the bike looked at, pop some Aleve for the foot, give it a day or two and see how it feels, and continue swimming when I can. I can get the miles on the bike all this week and the swimming also, but if the foot is tweaked, then it is going to be tough.

1 comment:

  1. lay off running for a couple of days James and ice that sucker. That is probably what a Doc would say anyway. If it still bothers u then u might need to get it checked out.

    Take the brakes apart and clean them. I use Simply Green. it is a degreaser spray (u can get it at Target) and it keeps all your components looking clean and new. You just might have a bunch of gunk stuck in the brakes.

    Hope the foot starts to feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...