Saturday, February 20, 2010

Car Yellers!

Today was a beautiful day in Memphis. 62 degrees and sunny! So I actually got out and ran outside. My plan was to do a 9 mile run, but it was so nice out and I felt pretty good, so I decided to push it to doing 10 miles in 1:32. I wanted to keep all miles under 9:00, so it was easy to keep a goal of 9, 18, 27, etc and know how I was doing. I was able to keep that pace until mile 8, and I started falling behind a bit. I need to remember that last night I did a 22 mile trainer ride, so overall, I am pretty happy with this workout. I am still optimistic about a sub 2 hour 1/2.

When I got home I took an ice bath. I started filling up the tub and then crawled in. I had a towel wrapped around me and my skull cap on. I tried to last as long as I could in the tub, which was only about 4 minutes. Afterwards, I took a warm shower and my legs do feel pretty refreshed after a 10 miler.

On a side note, it always amazes me how people react when I am out running. Today I got 4 waves, 3 honks, one "Run Forest", got flipped off once, and one "Faster Fat ass". That last one hurt a my feelings a bit...NOT! The guy yelling must have been 300lbs+ judging from the way his car was creeping. I have never understood why people feel the need to yell at people running or biking. I imagine we all have had something funny yelled while working out, so let's hear them folks!

2 comments:

  1. I know I have had things said to me but my best memory was when I ran up on a guy pointing a gun at another guy. I immediately crossed the street and ran home where I called the police.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Run Forrest" - How unique. It's not like I haven't heard that one 32513 times before. I wonder if they really think they are being clever when they yell that.

    My best experience with someone yelling at me was a group of teenagers who just yelled out the window as they passed by (nothing intelligible, just noise). They didn't think ahead though b/c they got stopped by a stop light about 50 yards further down the road. As I ran up next to them, I knocked on the window to see what they wanted. They didn't quite know what to make of me then. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...