Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Discovery Made?

This week I changed up my schedule and went to Master's Class on Tuesday instead of Thursday. Since I am racing on Saturday, I did not want to be dragging from the Thursday class still, because I promise, it is still kicking my butt. Here is Tuesdays workout:

300 warm up

2 x 100 @ 2:00
4 x 50 @ 1:00
8 x 25 @ :30

300 kick last 100 no fins
300 pull every 4th length is butterfly

3 x 100 @ 2:00
6 x 50 @ 1:00
12 x 25 @ :30

100 cooldown

Rough! I believe I am getting faster, but by the end of that workout, I am pretty much beat. I still am struggling with my kick and I promise that 100yd kick without fins BLOWS!

But, as the title states, I think I may have discovered sumthin! About every week or so I get a small lump behind my right knee that is sore for a day or so then it goes away. when I say lump, I do not mean like a cancerous lump or anything, but just that the muscle seems to poke out a bit more. I used to think it was from riding my bike, but now I think it is from using the flippers. I just noticed that it always comes up the day after I was them. So I think my kick is either way crazy or I just shouldn't kick when I swim!

2 comments:

  1. Kicking drills do blow, with or without fins. I hate them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhmmmm, I might have to steal this workout. If my math is correct, is it roughly 2500 yards?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...