Friday, December 4, 2009

True, but Weird story

Today while I was at working at Target, I was shopping the electronics area for a new camcorder. The one I am currently is so outdated, that it still uses those little videotapes and they are getting hard to find. So, when the boss man called and saids to go out and find a new camera. I did not hesitate!

So I am on the floor checking out a camera, playing with the 60x optical zoom and just seeing how it fits in my hand when I hear a guy say something to me:

Guy: You work bblah blah?? (I look at him)
Me: Huh?
Guy You work ouuuu???
Me: What?

So at this point I am thinking this guy thinks I work here, but I can't figure out how he would know this. I am in plain clothes, not Target colors. There is no way he could have picked me out, I do not have my Target ID out or anything, yet I assumed he was asking where something was in the store.

Guy: Do you workout??
Me: Uhhhh, Yeah

Ok, this was weird and alittle freaky. The guy was now engaged in a conversation with me that I did not want to be a part of.

Guy: I wanted to invite you... (Me: OMG, What?) to enjoy a free month at the local health club.
Me: Oh. (pause) No Thanks
Guy: You sure, a free month
Me: Nope, I swim at BRC and I run and ride on the streets, no need for a club.
Guy: Ok, man, you just looked fit and like you took care of yourself...
Me: Thanks??

End of conversation. Now looking back at this event, I have drawn one conclusion. This guy has a sucky job. I would never walk up to another dude, I did not know and say "Hey buddy, you look pretty fit, how about a free month at my gym?" I think it would have been just as awkward had it been a lady that approached me. So I have to hand it to him, he is committed to his job. I think I will stick to catching bad guys!

2 comments:

Please leave me a comment on my blog and let me know what you think, good or bad, I can take it, and thanks for stopping by! Sorry for the word verification, but the spammers be spamming...